Pillars of Success
Copper Island Academy is built on the following foundational pillars:
We recognize the strength of our community and understand how important it is. Copper Island Academy works to get the entire community involved.
- Families: We encourage our families to contribute to our education and decision-making processes.
- Professional Staff: We work as a team to meet the needs of our students. We identify needs and build strategies to help our students succeed.
- Students: Students work with classmates on challenging problems that force them to innovate and create solutions.
- Students are challenged to think critically, creatively, and flexibly. We set the bar high and push them to achieve it.
- We challenge our teachers to continuously improve by developing strategic plans and meeting educational goals.
- We take our strategic plans seriously. We receive input from our community and follow the created plan to support organizational growth.
- Character development: We strive to develop an action-oriented mindset within our students. Students learn to self-advocate and embrace and overcome challenges.
- Teaching and learning practices: Students are held to high expectations in and out of the classroom. They are also provided opportunities to show their determination throughout the year.
- Daily routines: Students receive outdoor recess, rain or shine, to reset between each class.